Robert is a primary component of the Firm’s transactional team with complementary litigation experience allowing him to provide clients with a full breadth of counsel. His clients come from a broad range of industries including construction, food manufacturing, clothing brands, retail, development and other parts of the commercial arena. Robert has grown his practice to routinely operate as outside General Counsel representing clients in transactional matters and disputes including commercial contract negotiations, real estate, business formation, ownership disputes, intellectual property, compliance and legal strategy. He strives to serve his clients not only as a negotiator and draftsman, but also as a counselor with the proven ability to help clients strike an appropriate balance between legal and business considerations. If a dispute cannot be resolved amicably, he is experienced with litigation, mediation, and arbitration.
- Prepare, negotiate and assist with multi-million dollar transactions, mergers and acquisitions, non-profit and private sales and acquisitions, leases, lease-backs, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, construction management contracts, commercial lease agreements, professional services agreements, and corporate governance documents.
- Negotiating and drafting basic and complex business documents (including bylaws, employee handbooks, operating agreements, buy-sell contracts and options agreements).
- Corporate formation (including limited partnerships, LLCs, joint ventures and corporations).
- Represented Contractor in dispute with City entity regarding violations of public bid law resulting in award of contract to client and finding of Motion for Contempt against City for violation of Temporary Restraining Order.
- Represented General Contractor in successfully obtaining dismissal of claims by Owner as perempted under La. R.S. 9:2772.
- Represented Design-Build Contractor against Owner and Awarded Contract Balance, Attorney’s Fees, Expert Fees, and AAA Fees while zeroing the Owner’s counterclaim for defective work and design.
- Represented manufacturer in intellectual property dispute whereby former partner attempted to start competing business resulting in manufacturing client retaining 100% of the company.
- Represented General Contractor in filing lien on property and obtaining same through sheriff sale.
- Routinely represents client in successful Open Account filings.
- Represented General Contractor in successfully obtaining dismissal of claims by Public Entity Owner as perempted under La. R.S. 38:2189
- Represented Contractors and Subcontractors with successful prosecution of lien claims.
- Represented owners in selling Aircraft and boats including necessary title work and filing with the FAA and United States Coast Guard, respectively.
- Board Chairman/Founder: Non-Profit Millennial Spirits of NOLA
- Member: Emerging Philanthropists of New Orleans Class of 2017
- Youth Empowerment Project’s “40 Under 40”, Class of 2016