Christopher K. LeMieux is a founding partner of the firm. Prior to starting the firm, Chris served as general counsel and an executive committee member for a regional design builder. During his seventeen-year career, Chris has represented contractors, architects, engineers, owners, sureties, insurers and subcontractors in litigation, arbitration, claims, disputes and negotiations and drafting of construction contracts for a variety of projects, including design build, integrated project delivery, multifamily, military, stadiums, manufacturing facilities, historic renovations, parking garages, and mixed residential use facilities. In addition, he has represented employers in a wide variety of employment matters including employment training, wage and hour, ADA, FMLA, and Title VII. Chris regularly lectures on construction and employment law.
- Presenter, 2020 Annual Construction Industry Webinar: Dealing with Risk and Uncertainty, Client Presentation, September 2020
- Panelist, Louisiana Associated General Contractors Summer Conference, July 2020
- Presenter, Indemnity, Change Orders, and More: Top Construction Legal Issues and Answers Webinar, Co-presented with the National Business Institute, June 2020
- Panelist, Louisiana Associated General Contractors and Associated Builders and Contractors of Louisiana Critical Issues Summit, February 2020
- Presenter, I’m Picking Up Good Vibrations – The Risks and Damages Caused by Construction Vibration, Client Presentation, Co-presented with Walter P. Moore, January 2020
- Presenter, Charting a Course in Unfamiliar Waters: Tips for Winning Your Case in Arbitration, Louisiana State Bar Association CLE Seminar, December 2019
- Presenter, Construction Insurance: Defective Work Claims and Construction Property Damage – Covered or Excluded, Louisiana State University, May 2019
- Presenter, How to Contract Commercial Jobs Both Upstream and Downstream, Client Presentation, May 2019
- Presenter, Protecting Your Money: Contract Provision Primer, Construction Financial Management Association Seminar, March 2019
- Presenter, Lessons Learned: Shop Drawings and Construction Administration, Client Presentation, March 2019
- Panelist, Louisiana Associated General Contractors and Associated Builders and Contractors of Louisiana Critical Issues Summit, February 2019
- Presenter, How to Keep your Foot out of your Mouth: The Do’s and Don’t of Deposition Testimony, Associated Builders and Contractors, January 2019
- Presenter, Roles of Owners, Contractors, and Architects, Client Presentation, July 2018
- Presenter, Protecting Against Construction Risk in Private and Public Contracting, Client Presentation, March 2018
- Presenter, Defense and Indemnity in Construction: Protect Yourself From Financial Risk, Client Presentation
See all of Riess LeMieux’s public resources available here.
- Represented a civil contractor in prosecuting multi-million dollar delay and cumulative impact claim arising from changed project conditions and defending against owner’s delay claims.
- Obtained multi-million dollar judgment on behalf of General Contractor for Contract Balance.
- Represented numerous Public Works Act bidders in successfully challenging responsiveness of multi-million dollar bid.
- Obtained a rescission of a default and termination of a General Contractor on a Public Works Act Project.
- Obtained a dismissal for a Subcontractor in a multi-million dollar structural slab failure case.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a Contractor to claims of property damage allegedly caused by vibration.
- Obtained a defense and indemnity Judgment in favor a general contractor and against a Subcontractor’s Commercial General Liability Carrier.
- Represented engineering company related to delay, disruption and defective design claims on a multifamily project.
- Represented a Subcontractor against General Contractor and Builder’s Risk Carriers for damages sustained during Industrial Project.
- Represented subcontractor on a federal project prosecuting and defending delay and multi-million dollar extra work/change order claims.
- Represented General Contractors on claims by owners alleging building envelope leaks.
- Represented Architects and General Contractors on claims by Hotel Owners regarding alleged deficiencies in the design, renovation, and construction of hotels.
- Represented primary subcontractor against building envelope water intrusion claims associated with the construction of a seven-story building.
- Represented architects, contractors, and engineers regarding licensing requirements and alleged violations.
- Negotiated and prepared numerous construction, design build, construction management, architectural and IPD agreements associated with commercial, industrial, civil, retail, condominiums, manufacturing, multifamily, parking garages, and mixed use projects.
- Defended Contractors in matters concerning FLSA alleging misclassification and inadequate pay;
- Retained as lead counsel on internal investigations involving harassment, theft, and numerous violations of company policy.
- Retained as lead counsel for Title VII, ADA, and FMLA claims nationwide.
- University of Alabama, B.A., 1998
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, J.D., 2001
- Louisiana Supreme Court and all courts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Jefferson Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- Louisiana Board of Association of General Contractors (2011-2014)
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Louisiana
Federal Bar Association